CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sexy Nerd


I hear Natalie Portman dated Moby. Why do we care? Because it kind of proves that nerds can be sexy.

Or at least sexy to hot chicks.

In previous posts, I mentioned that women like men who are funny. That span off a discussion about sexy nerds like Grissom from CSI and Hiro & Mohinder from Heroes.

For some strange reason, I have not dated a lot of nerds despite having loads of them as friends. The one nerd I dated was a really funny Irish chap who just made me laugh all the time. He was bespectacled, ginger, chubby, short and badly freckled with hair that stood on ends. He was also funny, earnest, sincere, down-to-earth, self-effacing and terribly eager to please. 

When peeps found out we were dating, there was a lot of incredulous naysaying and I believe the poor bloke took quite a lot of malicious ribbing and nasty comments because of that. We parted as really good mates when we both had to travel away, and I remember our time together as being wonderfully fun and comfortable. 

So this comment from from Moby regarding his relationship did not really surprise me. We would hope that people would be more enlightened and less judgmental in this age but obviously not.

Moby -
“I guess in some people’s eyes, [nerds] might be mildly sexy - and, as a nerd, I’m certainly happy to enjoy some of the effects of that. But as far as the very brief affair that I had with Natalie, it’s made me a target of a lot of nerd wrath,” the techno-whiz tells next month’s Spin. “You don’t date Luke Skywalker’s mom and not have them hate your guts.” 


Luke, I bonked your mother ...

0 comments: