CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Origami Shoes


I saw these shoes that are so structurally unusual and cleverly thought out that they piqued my interest. Designed by Catherine Meuter, these shoes are a traveller's dream as they can be packed down like origami.

Apparently, they are reinforced (not mentioned how in
Yanko Design where I saw them) and assembled by the wearer. The geometric and architectural lines certainly give it a strong visual interest and evokes a very Japanese sensibility.

I can just see myself wearing them and lopping off Tom Cruises' head with a naginata. Banzai!

You certainly can't wear these with a ball gown but I think it can be pretty cool with an Alaia gown or YohjiYamamoto outfit. 

Still, does it not look like you would be walking like an escapee from Jurassic Park in them?

0 comments: