CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

V

Another blogger challenged me to pen a poem for him in lieu of the 38 years of not receiving a prezzie from me.  The cheek ...


Anyway, being in a rather combative mood that day, I said bring it and he did.

The challenge - 38 words, 1 poem.

The words being:

talk concentrate invent states fought deeds
sort released establishments reproduce arrange indicators
punishes door version became split plots
detaching glowed shaky reform accidents eliminated
richest poems scratch learns genetically suicide
consumes administer surprise alphabet exploding faults
sister mentality


So here was my response.


I push open the door
Breaking the yoke of 
establishments
Released upon our hapless states
Of 
shaky convictions

Surprise, say I
You meet my eye

Go home, 
sister
You mutter absently

Not I
Today our
 genetically strung threads asunder
No more shall I 
concentrate on not stealing your thunder
Invent reasons for being your pale shadow

By 
deeds you prove my mentality afflicted
With 
faults of false judgement and
Moral 
suicide

Deeds I 
administer with misled intentions
To seek your favour 
Gather any 
sort of gentle affection

Talk to me again
Of 
reform
Of heart, of mind
Reproduce the days when poems were sung
When faces 
glowed like the richest gems
Shining the light of righteousness

Sing to me
Of 
exploding passion
That 
consumes the corrupt
Detaching the lesion from our nation

Sister, we 
fought
Battles that 
split our native soil
We spun the 
plots 
That 
scratch the mortal coil

Turn away now
With me

The 
indicators are there
When God 
learns of our perfidy
These 
accidents pale versions of 
how he 
arranges and punishes
Those who break life's sanctity

Blood seekers ...

Is this what we 
became,
Sister?
Who 
eliminated our sense of right from wrong?
When V cast more than an 
alphabet
To blister the earth with its dire song?

Turn away with me, Sister
Back to days of peaceful splendour



You couldn't give me some happy words, could you? Thanks a lot, mate.



0 comments: